LOOKING FOR THE AGENDA?
Get the PBS Conferences and Events app for your mobile device at your device’s app store. Download it, then choose the TechCon18 guide for this year’s conference app. Or...
To get the app for your phone via text msg link: http://bit.ly/TC18APP
Use the web version of our app on any web browser: http://bit.ly/TC18webApp
- Need a print version? You can print out our Agenda At A Glance, or pick up one onsite.
TechCon takes place April 4-6 at the Mirage in Las Vegas. For travel purposes, the conference begins at 2pm on Wednesday, April 4 and runs through Friday, April 6.
• This list contains the proposals that have been accepted; some will be combined into broader sessions.
• Final speakers, descriptions, schedule, and session combinations are still to come.
• Sessions sorted by: track (or audience), then first topic area.
• Sessions may apply to audiences across multiple tracks – we encourage you to read through all the sessions to see which ones apply to your role.
• Table of Contents is clickable.
• At the end of this document is a list of proposals sorted in order of topic areas chosen by submitters. This may help you find sessions on particular areas across all tracks.
TechCon has a rich, nearly 40-year history as a key educational event for anyone in public media who works in technology. Evolving with the industry, the conference brings together Broadcast, Digital, IT, Traffic and Station Management sessions and discussions for attendees. Presentations from stations, vendors, national public media organizations, academics and thought leaders from across the non-commercial and commercial sectors make TechCon a varied and powerful event for learning, brainstorming and collaboration.
Schedule for 2018:
For travel purposes...
- Wednesday : 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday : 7:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday : 7:00am - 7:30pm
There will also be a variety of committee meetings and workshops taking place Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon. While these are outside the official conference hours, attendees may be committed to these activities. We are aware additional events are often held around TechCon, and it would be most helpful if they could be planned to occur outside of these official conference hours listed above. If you do plan to host an event, please let us know the date, time, and location so we can help provide this information at our registration desk.
Curious about topics and sessions from last year?