Welcome TechCon Speakers!
Please fill out our 2018 Speaker Form here: http://bit.ly/TC18Speakers
SPEAKER NEWS 3/9/18:
- If you'd like to use your own laptop, please be sure to bring whatever dongle(s) are necessary to connect to the system via HDMI for video and 3.5mm stereo cable (e.g. headphone jack) for audio.
- Also please bring your A/C adapter, we would hate for your machine to run out of power mid presentation.
Conference Deadlines: By submitting a proposal for the TechCon Call for Proposals, you agree to meet the following deadlines:
- Feb 16 – Speaker bio updates due in Ex Ordo
- Feb 23 – Final/revised session titles due
- Feb 28 – Final/revised session descriptions due
- Mar 9 – Speaker Form, first presentation draft + video content due
- Mar 21 – revised presentation draft + video content due
Note: these deadlines apply to all speakers.
Sessions typically run a total of 50 minutes, which breaks down as follows:
* 35-40 minutes for presentation.
* 10-15 minutes for Q&A, which is required for every session
* PLEASE NOTE: The Agenda Team may seek to combine similar proposals into a single panel session.
DETAILS for SPEAKERS: A few things we'd like to inform presenters of in advance...and be sure to scroll down to see our resources for 2018, including PowerPoint templates.
Equipment in the breakout rooms (if you are speaking in a general session, please consult with your producer):
- Podium microphone
- 2 table microphones
- 2 wireless microphones: 1 handheld on stand for Q&A & 1 handheld on podium for those who walk and talk
- Wireless slide remote/advancer
- Projector 16x9 aspect ratio
- Screen 16x9 aspect ratio
- Computer audio connection
- Wired Internet at podium
Other session specifics - some of these are specific requests our attendees have asked us for in their feedback:
- Duration - Sessions run 50 or 80 minutes; consult your producer for further details.
- Audio - Sessions will be audio recorded; please use the microphones for all discussion - please speak clearly into the microphones, and also we ask for your help: please repeat any off-mike audience questions so everyone can hear the query. We really want to end the feedback we get every year from attendees about not being able to hear speakers or audience questions!
- Q&A - Timing of sessions should include 5-10 minutes set aside for Q&A. Our motto is "there should always be time for Q&A."
- Eye chart slides - Please help avoid "eye chart slides" that are difficult to read. If the audience cannot read your slides, will they be able to absorb the material you are presenting?
- Timing - Help us keep the conference running on time: if it looks as though there are more questions than time, please invite folks to continue the discussion outside the meeting room after the session (in the hallway, at your booth, via your contact info, etc.)
- Define your terms - While TechCon is a Technology Conference, there are a number of different disciplines in attendance. Help everyone in the audience understand what you’re putting forth by explaining important acronyms and other necessary terminology. Avoid leaving them behind in alphabet soup!
- Register - Speakers should go ahead and register for the conference; all speakers are required to register. If you're an exhibitor or sponsor, you likely receive a number of complimentary registrations as part of your package - consult your marketing team or Ms. Naseem Hussain for more details.
Questions about these requirements? Please contact your Session Producer or Kevin Ruppenthal.