Greetings, TechCon Speakers!Deadlines: By submitting a proposal for the TechCon Call for Proposals, you agree to meet the following deadlines:
- Mar 1 – Speaker bio & job title updates due in Ex Ordo
- Mar 1 – Final/revised session titles due
- Mar 6 – first presentation draft + video due to producer
- Mar 20 – revised presentation draft + video content due to producer
Notes on slide decks:
- TechCon strongly urges use of our full slide template (you may put your logo anywhere ours is not)
- Every session needs a slide deck - all decks should include, at minimum in our template format:
a) title slide, b) Q&A slide, c) contact slide, d) end slide
- All presentations must be 16x9
- Google slides may be used if you choose, and that template can be found here.
- NOTE: Google slide users are still required to deliver a PPT version to your producer for both redundancy (all internet this year is wireless) and post-conference distribution to attendees
Sessions typically run a total of 50 minutes, which breaks down as follows:
- 35-40 minutes for presentation.
- 10-15 minutes for Q&A, which is required for every session
- PLEASE NOTE: The Agenda Team may seek to combine similar proposals into a single panel session.
- Some sessions run 80 minutes - check with your producer to be sure. There are blocks on Wed and Fri that are longer sessions.
Equipment in the breakout rooms (if you are speaking in a general session, please consult with your producer):
- Podium microphone
- 3 wireless microphones: 1 handheld on stand for Q&A & 2 handheld for bar stool speakers
- 4 bar stools for panel sessions (low ceilings prevent risers and tables setup)
- Wireless slide remote/advancer
- Wireless internet access - no hard wired connection at the podium
- Projector 16x9 aspect ratio
- Screen 16x9 aspect ratio
- Computer audio connection
Other session specifics - some of these are specific requests our attendees have asked us for in their feedback:
- Duration - Sessions run 50 or 80 minutes; consult your producer for further details.
- Audio - Sessions will be audio recorded; please use the microphones for all discussion - please speak clearly into the microphones, and also we ask for your help: please repeat any off-mike audience questions so everyone can hear the query. We really want to end the feedback we get every year from attendees about not being able to hear speakers or audience questions!
- Laptop: If you'd like to use your own laptop, please be sure to bring whatever dongle(s) are necessary to connect to the system via HDMI for video and 3.5mm stereo cable for audio (e.g. headphone jack). Please bring your A/C adapter, we would hate for your machine to run out of power mid presentation.
- Q&A - Timing of sessions should include 5-10 minutes set aside for Q&A. Our motto is "there should always be time for Q&A."
- Eye chart slides - Please help avoid "eye chart slides" that are difficult to read. If the audience cannot read your slides, will they be able to absorb the material you are presenting?
- Timing - Help us keep the conference running on time: if it looks as though there are more questions than time, please invite folks to continue the discussion outside the meeting room after the session (in the hallway, at your booth, via your contact info, etc.)
- Define your terms - While TechCon is a Technology Conference, there are a number of different disciplines in attendance. Help everyone in the audience understand what you’re putting forth by explaining important acronyms and other necessary terminology. Avoid leaving them behind in alphabet soup!
- Register - Speakers should go ahead and register for the conference; all speakers are required to register. If you're an exhibitor or sponsor, you likely receive a number of complimentary registrations as part of your package - consult your marketing team or Ms. Naseem Hussain for more details.